Loss of Facial Volume
Reduction in fullness in the face can be particularly ageing.
With time, many patients find that their skin appears to hang looser due to a loss of volume in the underlying tissues.
This can be particularly pronounced for:
- Those who have lose weight, especially if a significant amount of weight is lost quickly
- Smokers and/or sun worshippers
- Those who have suffered from stress or insomnia
For some patients, a loss of facial volume can lead to saggy cheeks or jowls, which can give a droopy or tired perspective to the face.
In other patients, the eye area can be a particular problem, with “hollows” appearing under the eye sockets.
Cosmetic Treatment for Loss of Facial Volume
Modern aesthetic medicine offers the skilled practitioner a number of options for replenishing lost facial volume.
The following are particularly effective:
- Juvéderm VOLUMA® – a specialist filler, specifically designed for replenishing lost facial volume and suitable for use on larger areas, such as the cheeks. Results can last for up to 18 months
- Sculptra – a unique injectable filler for facial use which works by stimulating collagen production deep within the skin for results that can last for up to 2 years
- Dermaroller – professional micro-needling therapy which stimulates the skin’s production of collagen without use of any medications to improve skin texture, quality and complexion
- Radio-frequency skin tightening – a highly effective therapy which uses radio-frequency to heat the deep layers of skin, boosting collagen production for tightening loose skin without any needles whatsoever
The exact course of treatment, as always, depends on the individual patient and their very unique requirements.
For further information, please contact us to book a consultation with Dr John Quinn.