Undeniably, time takes its toll on our bodies and faces. Facial skin is often the first to betray ageing, as it is exposed to the sunlight and weather.
Signs of ageing can include:
- Fine lines
- Deeper wrinkles
- Forehead lines
- Worry lines
- Crow’s feet
- Laughter lines
- Marionette lines (lines between the nose and mouth)
- Lines around the mouth
- Smoker’s lines (worse with age)
- However, it is no longer the case that you have to put up with it. There is plenty you can do to preserve younger looking skin.
Good Skincare Routine
A good skincare habit is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Top tips include:
- Sensible daily routine – cleanse and moisturise morning and evening
- Use of specialist products to combat any particular problems e.g. oiliness
- Use of good quality products including cosmetics
- Sunblock minimum SPF 30, even in the winter
- Drink plenty of water
- Quit or cut back on smoking
Quinn Clinics can advise on skincare. We also offer medically supervised skincare regimes such as Obagi Nuderm which can tackle specific problems such as sun damage.
Professional Anti-Ageing Treatments
Medical treatments available to intensively combat and/or seek to erase the signs of ageing are very popular.
These can include:
- Botox anti-wrinkle injections, to soften fine lines and creases
- Fillers, to gently plump out deeper wrinkles and lines
- Dermaroller microneedling, to boost the skin’s own regeneration
- Skin peels, for intensive exfoliation and removal of fine lines