Quinn Clinics is fully registered with the CQC (Care Quality Commission) and as such has to reach high standards in a number of areas.
The results of our latest inspection are shown below. This information is automatically updated via the CQC.
CQC Inspection Criteria
CQC inspection assesses services in 5 key areas in accordance with the relevant regulations.
In the inspection which took place during November 2018, the verdict was positive in all areas:
- Are services safe? The May Wellness Centre was found to be providing safe care
- Are services effective? The May Wellness Centre was found to be providing effective care
- Are services caring? The May Wellness Centre was found to be providing caring services
- Are services responsive? The May Wellness Centre was found to be providing responsive care
- Are services well-led? The May Wellness Centre was found to be providing well led care
Patient Feedback 2018
The CQC assessment included the feedback of 61 patients via completion of comment cards. All the comments were positive about the service; patients described the service as being professional and friendly. The November 2018 CQC report included the following:
- Patients said they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect
- Patients felt involved in their care and decisions about their treatment
- Information about services and how to complain was available and easy to understand
- All consultation rooms were well organised and equipped, with good light and ventilation
- There were systems in place to check all equipment had been serviced regularly
- The staff team maintained the necessary skills and competence to support the needs of patients
- The staff team were up to date with current guidelines
- Risks to patients were well managed
- There were effective systems in place to monitor and improve the quality of patient services