Bigger, shapelier lips are definitely IN and so we’ve seen a rise in the popularity of lip filler to enable clients to enhance the profile of their lips.
With no restrictions on who can offer lip enhancement in the UK, the procedure has become more commonplace, with non-medical staff able to quite legally provide the treatment. Certain beauticians and makeup artists are now offering injectable lip enhancement procedures alongside their other services, which can make lip fillers seem more of a beauty treatment or even a fashion accessory.
Yet the ‘fashion’ aspect of lip fillers raises a number of problems. The wrong product choice or delivery can result in an unnatural ‘extreme’ lip look which has been criticised in the media for looking ‘overdone’.
Whatsmore, injections carried out by non-medical professionals also increase the risks for the client, as the lack of medical training means that potential complications may not be properly explained or managed and the treatment would be carried out without the benefit of years of medical and anatomical training.
Lip Filler is a Medical Treatment
Quinn Clinics is urging clients to see lip fillers as a medical treatment.
- The filler is delivered using a syringe or catheter – this is medical equipment which breaks the skin’s surface, demanding full understanding of the risks involved
- Positioning of the filler is vital – not only to sculpt the right shape, but also to avoid problems from bad positioning
- A trained medical aesthetics practitioner will understand the anatomical dynamics involved in attaining the right balance in order to keep the lips natural-looking
- Medical aesthetics practitioners understand the difference between filler types available and will recommend the most suitable
- Medical aesthetics insurance is not available to non-medical practitioners, so non-medical practitioners are unlikely to be covered for injectable procedures
- Major UK pharmacies will not sell filler to uninsured practitioners
At Quinn Clinics, lip filler procedures are carried out by fully trained doctors:
Read more about lip enhancement fillers.
About Quinn Clinics
Advanced Skin Treatment Clinic, Bristol
Quinn Clinics based in Clifton, Bristol, was established in 2006 and offers a full range of cosmetic, medical and laser skin treatments. As well as anti-ageing injections, the clinic can offer the latest laser technology including IPL laser and CO2 fractional laser and the new M22 multiple skin technology platform (IPL, ResurFX™ – fractional non-ablative, ND:YAG).
Dr Quinn is a qualified aesthetic doctor with specific expertise in dermal fillers and BOTOX®, based at his own clinic, Quinn Clinics in Clifton, Bristol.
Call 0117 924 4592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Lip Filler is Not a Fashion Accessory | Quinn Clinics
Lip fillers not a fashion accessory. The wrong product choice or delivery can result in an unnatural 'extreme' lip look. Whatsmore, injections carried out by non-medical professionals also increase the risks. Quinn Clinics is urging clients to see lip fillers as a medical treatment to be done by trained doctors.