- Exclusive Vitamin C Serum
- Pre-Christmas Special Offers
- Keeping Lip Filler Beautiful Not Overdone
- Exclusive Q Lift 3 in 1 Treatment
- No Sweat this Christmas – Hyperhidrosis Treatment
- Questions to Ask Before Cosmetic Injections
- Medical Information For Your Consultation
- Refurbishment Starts at New Bristol Clinic
- Lips and Filler Review – ‘John is an Artist’
- Expanded Availability at Bristol Skin Clinic
The Younger-Looking Skin Diet
Most of us would admit that we are not eating as healthily as we could. But did you know that poor eating habits could be responsible not just for making us put on extra weight, but also for making us look older too.
Good dietary choices feed the body, supplying it with the nutrients it needs to function and renew itself.
The skin is the body’s largest organ, so is logically affected by the food and drink choices that we make.
Although the ageing process is inevitable, it can be slowed, or speeded up by the choices we make on a daily basis.
Nutritionist Amanda Hamilton said in the Daily Mirror that looking younger should start on the inside:
“A good diet is the basis of good skin and slowing ageing.”
“Skin becomes thinner and less elastic as we age but antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables can prevent free radical damage, linked to ageing.”
“A healthy lifestyle is less costly than surgery and it will also boost immunity and protect against disease.”
Amanda’s diet tips:
- Cut out sugar, it interferes with how your body metabolises vitamin C, which is integral in restoring skin structure and the formation of collagen and elastin.
- Cut down on alcohol– it dehydrates your body and overtaxes your liver.
- Make sure you get your quota of essential fatty acids by having two servings of oily fish a week.
- Take a good multivitamin and mineral complex every day.
- Drink plenty of water to flush away toxins.
Professional Skin Treatments
To complement good diet and suncare, a plethora of professional skin treatments are now available from doctors such as Dr John Quinn at Quinn Clinics in Bristol and London.
The clinic offers a comprehensive range of treatments, from wrinkle-relaxing injections and dermal fillers to IPL facial laser treatment and laser hair removal, excessive sweating treatment, vein treatment and IPL facial rejuvenation.
To learn more about cosmetic treatments please contact Quinn Clinics to arrange a private consultation with Dr Quinn.
Call 0117 924 4592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.