Dr Salim Razak
Dr Salim Razak is a fully qualified Consultant Psychiatrist based in Bristol.
He has over 15 years experience of working in mental health in both the NHS and private sector and currently works as a consultant in the NHS.
“I am skilled in supporting people with a range of different mental health difficulties, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, psychosis and issues with addiction and addiction behaviours.
“I have special expertise in working with people with neurodevelopmental conditions, including learning disability, autism spectrum conditions, Asperger syndrome and ADHD.”
Dr Razak has extensive experience in assessment and treatment of a range of mental health conditions, including:
- OCD – obsessive compulsive disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Addiction and addictive behaviours
He has additional expertise in neurodevelopmental disorders such as:
- Learning disabilities
- Autism spectrum conditions (ASD, Aspergers)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Trained at Imperial College in London, prestigious St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London psychiatric training scheme, before completing his training in Bristol
- After training in general psychiatry, Dr Razak specialised further in the psychiatry of intellectual disability
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council
- GMC Specialist Register for psychiatry
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatry
- Sits on a number of RCP committees, discussing regional and national policy in mental health care.
The cost would be as follows:
- Initial assessment, 1.5 hours approx, £375
- Follow up, 05 hrs, £250
- Issue of private prescription £25
- For assessments of learning disability, autism or ADHD, 2 initial appointments are needed, on two separate days (e.g. one wednesday and then second appointment the following week). The cost would be £375 x 2 = £750.
Enquiries & Appointments
Please contact The May Wellness Centre for enquiries, availability or to book: