Private addiction counselling is available at our Bristol clinic with Sarah Walsh, who is highly experienced in treating addictions with an individually tailored-service, focused on each individuals concerns and goals, whether that is regaining control of the behaviours or complete abstinence.
- Alcohol abuse/alcoholism
- Drug addiction/misuse/abuse
- Sex addiction
Sarah’s treatments are focused on practical solutions rather than reviewing historical psychological issues. She explains:
“Personal discovery seldom leads to abstinence, but abstinence, if sustainable, will invariably lead to personal discovery.”
Techniques are chosen and adapted to the individual, but may include:
- 12 step programme
- Abstinence and harm reduction
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- Mindfulness Meditation.
- BSc Honours Degree in Addiction Counselling from The University of Bath.
- Registered member of The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
- Accredited drug and alcohol practitioner and member of The Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
- Personal experience of overcoming 20 years of alcohol and drug misuse in 1999
- Trained with Action on Addiction at The Centre for Addiction Studies
- Worked for The Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a specialist mental health and addiction advisor
For more information or to book an appointment ,please contact Sarah Walsh direct: