SkinPen® Precision is our latest microneedling treatment, exclusively available at our Harvey Nichols skin clinic.
Microneedling treatment is an excellent option for revitalising the skin and improving a host of conditions and concerns. The principle is to use a device that delivers a series of tiny little pinpricks over the surface of the skin, creating tiny microscopic channels. This intentional injury stimulates the skin to regenerate and repair itself naturally by producing new collagen, elastin and skin cells.
It offers a safe and injection-free method to create healthier and younger-looking skin.
Why SkinPen® Precision?
SkinPen® Precision is different to other microneedling systems as it offers is in its ultra precise design. The small hand-held device can be applied to the skin with great accuracy and can get into any nooks and crannies too, making it ideal for nose to mouth lines or focusing on frown lines.
SkinPen® is an electronic skin needling device for professional use only. The quiet medical-grade motor works at speeds of up to 7000rpm which with 14 needles in the cartridge tip, could produce an astonishing 98,000 channels per minute. This means many thousands of micro-needle columns in the skin, which in turn stimulates the skin to naturally regenerate and repair itself.
The therapist can adjust both speed and depth of the microneedling according to the area being treated.
The channels that are created close very quickly, but the microneedling process prepares skin to readily absorb serums and creams that are applied straightaway to soothe the skin as well as deliver hydration and nutrients.
Benefits of SkinPen® Microneedling
- Natural – stimulate collagen with no heat, injections or chemicals
- Comfortable – we can offer a light numbing cream but this may not be necessary
- Effective – clinically proven
- Safe – high quality device
- No downtime
- Quick and easy
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Treatment suitable for face, neck and décolletage
- Can be used year round
- Noticeable results in less than a day
- Benefits continue to improve for a number of weeks as skin regenerates
SkinPen® precision is a highly versatile treatment. Due to the fact that it works by stimulating your skin’s own renewal processes, it can be used to great effect on a wide range of concerns, including:
- Improves wrinkles and lines
- Minimises pore size
- Stimulates collagen production promoting firmer, tighter skin
- Stimulates cell regeneration for a brighter complexion
- Reduce hyperpigmentation (brown spots, melasma)
- Can improve scarring
Before & After
Awards and Nominations
- Favourite Microneedling Device, Aestheticians’ Choice Awards 2021
- Top Rated Treatment for Acne Scars AND Top Skin Care Device, Aesthetic Everything® 2019 Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine Awards
- Barry Knapp Award for Product Innovation of the Year – Winner, Aesthetics Awards 2018
- Top Skin Care Device AND Top Minimally Invasive Procedure – Aesthetic Everything 2018 Awards
SkinPen vs DERMAROLLER – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Dermaroller therapy may be the better-known form of microneedling. Dermaroller uses a roller device and is great for treating larger areas, but SkinPen® Precision offers a very much more focused application which is ideal for targeting specific areas of concern. The precise adjustments of speed and needle depth mean that treatment can be configured to be more or less intensive, according to the condition and area being treated.