A carbon peel is a completely painless non-invasive laser procedure, designed to improve the health of your skin with minimal-to-zero downtime.
It is an excellent way to exfoliate and refresh your skin, providing an instant refreshed appearance and leaving skin feeling softer, smoother and firmer and is also a perfect choice for patients with oily skin, blackheads, enlarged pores, dull skin and acne.
The carbon peel is also sometimes referred to as a charcoal facial or charcoal peel.
How Does Carbon Peel Work?
The carbon peel doesn’t use harsh chemicals at all. Instead, advanced lasers are used to produces a controlled injury to stimulate the skin’s healing responses.
- Firstly, a fine layer of liquid carbon paste is applied to the skin. This penetrates deep into the pores where it can act as a ‘target’ for the laser.
- Once the liquid carbon is fully absorbed and dried onto the skin, a quality or ‘Q’ switched laser is used at very low energy over the area. Q switched laser energy is highly attracted to pigment in the skin and because carbon particles are very dark, only a very low energy is needed.
Due to the clever use of low energy laser, the process is entirely painless. Apart from occasional mild redness, there should be no downtime at all.
This is an adjustable procedure, as the depth can be set to suit the individual patient’s requirements – superficial, medium or deep – depending on the method used.
Dr John Quinn has had carbon peels himself. He explains:
“Carbon Peel treatment is great for pores and oily skin.
“It is one of our ‘go to’ treatments for gentle skin rejuvenation. We combine it often with other lasers and energy based treatments to get the best results for our patients!
“We love lasers in our practice. We have multiple technologies and we can thus treat many conditions and offer a variety of approaches. This is important for our patients. We can offer a full range of options.”
Carbon Peel Benefits
Depending on the individual requirements and strength of laser used, benefits could include:
- Exfoliate the skin, getting rid of dead skin cells, blackheads and oil
- Reduce pore size and oil glands
- Promote a more even skin tone and more radiant appearance
- Making the skin the skin look and feel softer
- Helping with oily skin by reducing acne-causing bacteria to improve blackheads/spots
- Purify the skin by removing contaminants when the carbon is destroyed
- Reduce pigmentation problems such as age spots, freckles, patchy pigmentation
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines, shrink pores
- Stimulates collagen growth
The carbon peel is a popular choice among A list celebrities, who love the quick results without downtime. Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston are all said to have had carbon laser facials to keep their complexions fresh and camera-ready.
Carbon Peels At Our Bristol Clinic
Quinn Clinics offers the latest laser carbon peel at our Bristol clinic based in Redland.
Call 0117 924 4592 to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.