Mr Peter Greenhouse
MA MB BChir FRCOG FFSRH
Consultant in Sexual Health & BMS-accredited Menopause Specialist, Clifton Women’s Health @ Quinn Clinics
Peter brings some 40 years experience in NHS women’s sexual health care to offer private consultations on menopause, perimenopause, hormonal adjustments to improve premenstrual syndrome & PMDD, and associated health concerns.*
The aim of his service is to:
- Assess each woman’s individual needs
- Offer accurate information on the range of hormonal & other care choices
- Suggest and/or initiate appropriate treatments
- Monitor progress and adjust treatment as necessary
- Report and hand over to the woman’s GP for ongoing care
He is a formally accredited Menopause Specialist – one of only 130 such experts in the UK recognised by the British Menopause Society. He has trained over 20 years in perimenopause and menopause care, originally by his ex-wife, Dr Annie Evans, taking over her NHS patients after her departure from Bristol some 10 years ago.
Qualifications & Training
He qualified in 1979 from Cambridge University Medical School, training between gynaecology and venereology to bring the specialties together under one roof as integrated women’s sexual health care. He became the first UK consultant to develop this model, initially at Ipswich in 1991.
He moved to Bristol in 1999, redesigning and rebuilding services here and in Weston with large government grants to form the current Bristol Sexual Health Centre (from which he retired in 2017) and the WISH Centre at Weston General Hospital where he remains as service lead consultant.
He lectures and teaches nationally and internationally on all aspects of women’s sexual health. He is regularly engaged as a medicolegal expert witness in cases concerning infections and alleged assault. Widely published as a medical photographer, he is a keen graphic designer, linguist, humanist and former comedy thespian, and is also medical advisor to the “Great Wall of Vagina” art project, which seeks to educate women to reduce demand for unnecessary genital cosmetic surgery.
As media chair for BASHH (British Association for Sexual Health & HIV) from 2010-16, he led the successful campaign to change the cervical cancer vaccine given to schoolgirls to one which also protects against genital warts, and assisted in the recent drive to offer the vaccine to schoolboys. He was elected Vice-President of ISIDOG (International Society for Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics & Gynaecology) in 2016 and received the Honorary Lifetime Fellowship Award of BASHH in 2017.
Peter offers consultations in English and French
Private Consultation Fees
- First Consultation – in person (including prescription & GP letter) £230
- Follow-up Consultation – in person (including prescription & GP letter) £115
- First Consultation – via Skype/Facetime (including prescription & GP letter) £200
- Skype/Facetime Follow-up (including prescription etc) £100
- Face-to-Face First Consultation outside normal hours £230
50-55 minutes – by special arrangement – enquire from Receptionist
Video:Better Management of the Menopause
- If you would prefer to see a woman doctor, or have specific problems such as abnormal bleeding etc, Peter is pleased to recommend Miss Tracy-Louise Appleyard FRCOG – see web link …………. or phone ………………
- If you require a sexual health check, complex contraceptive care or advice & management of issues such as painful sex or other sexual difficulties, you are welcome to see Peter in his NHS practice at the WISH Centre, Weston General Hospital – for an appointment phone 01934 881234
Insurance companies do NOT typically reimburse menopause or perimenopause care. However, most women will require only 1-3 consultations to sort out their hormonal health before being passed back to their GP.
Book An Appointment
Please contact Quinn Clinics for enquiries, availability or to book: