Sophie Claessens, RD, BSc (Hons), mBDA, HCPC (UK)
Sophie is an experienced and passionate HCPC Registered Dietitian (dietician) and Nutritionist. She has been practising privately and within the NHS since graduating from the University of Surrey with a BSc (Hons) in Nutrition and Dietetics in 2013.
Her passion for helping clients reach their goals is clear. Whether needing support with weight loss, allergies or intolerances, or to ensure that they are getting all the nutrition they need for the stage in their life.
Sophie’s friendly and approachable manner ensures clients feel completely confident that they’re in the best hands. Teamed with Sophie’s evidence-based approach and continued fascination in everything nutrition and health, you can be sure that she stays up to date and that her advice is sound.
Sophie is a specialist in weight management and mental health nutrition through her years of experience of working in the NHS, with a special interest in gut health, IBS and the low FODMAP diet.
Passions include: educating others about how to eat well, thinking holistically and eating good food!
She is also proud to have represented her profession as a media spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association (BDA) which has seen her appear on television programmes such as BBC 1’s ‘Food: Truth or Scare’ and present at the BBC Good Food Show along with TV personality Chris Bavin.
- Nutrition & Dietetics BSc (Hons)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Behaviour Change Training Level 1
- Behaviour Change Training Level 2
- Dietary Management and the Low FODMAP Diet in IBS (currently studying)
Professional Registration Details
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Member of the BDA Freelance Dietitians Group
- Member of the BDA Obesity Specialist Group
- Member of the BDA Mental Health Specialist Group
For More Information
For more information, please see:
Book An Appointment
To book an appointment with Sophie, please contact The May Wellness Centre: