Pilates classes are now available with trained and experienced instructors at the Innervate studio at The May Wellness Centre, promoting core strength and spine flexibility.
Pilates is a form of exercise which was developed by and named after German gymnast and carpenter, Joseph Pilates. The exercise regime was originally developed to help injured dancers and soldiers. Joseph Pilates believed that physical and mental health were closely connected.
The first Pilates studio was opened in New York by Joseph Pilates in the 1920’s. Now Pilates is used by millions worldwide to wish to improve their fitness and wellbeing.
Pilates concentrates on strengthening the body with a particular emphasis on core strength, posture, balance and flexibility.
The gentle techniques used mean that there is a low risk of injury compared to other forms of exercise.
Benefits of Pilates
- Improved flexibility, muscle strength and tone – especially in the body’s ‘core’ area including abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks
- Better balance, spine stabilisation and posture
- Rehabilitation or prevention of injuries
- Improved physical coordination and balance
- Relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- Increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- Relaxation, stress reduction and improved concentration
Clients can train in small groups or one-to-one at Bristol’s fabulous Innervate studio in Redlands, Bristol.
Review – Jackie
“I can highly recommend Beth and Jack. The sessions are fun, motivating and calming.”
See Inside Our Bristol Pilates Studio