19th June 2019
Women’s Wellbeing Workshop
Eating and Strengthening for an Active Lifestyle
Saturday 21st September, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
The latest in our series of popular Women’s Wellbeing workshops, led by Claire Callaghan B. Pty MSc Chartered Physiotherapist and Sue Baic MSc RD Registered Dietitian.
About This Course
Want to feel and perform better when doing exercise and events? If you are doing recreational or competitive running, triathlon, cycling or sport, our workshop will help you.
Knowing what and when to eat and training smarter rather than harder can make all the difference to performance, enjoyment, injuries and weight management. This information is different depending on what activity you do it for and the length of events and competitions. We outline what vitamins, minerals, types of food do you need and which exercises and stretches really make a difference.
This workshop will cut through the myths and present the facts in a fun, informative and practical session, exploring how both diet and strength training will help you boost performance, improve physical and mental wellbeing and reach your goals.
This workshop will explore
- Carbohydrate, fat and protein to fuel activity – what to eat and when
- Staying afloat: what to drink before ,during and after activity
- Diet for optimum bone and joint health
- Core strength and tone: regaining and maintaining high level strength through the abdomen, lower back and pelvic floor
- Personalised, sports specific strengthening exercises to support your chosen sport and activity
- Injuries, aches and pains to women are predisposed to, prevention and management
There will be the opportunity to ask for expert advice in both in a group and in a 1:1 chat.
Tea, coffee and snacks provided.
Claire Callaghan, BPty MSc (Sport and Exercise)
- Has been a Chartered Physiotherapist for over 20 years.
- Currently works in private practice
- Clientele include women of all ages and levels of physical ability, from those who are looking to be more active to Olympic medallists.
Sue Baic MSc RD
- Registered Dietitian with over 20 years’ experience
- Particular interest and expertise in diet and women’s health
- Has worked in healthcare settings and in research and teaching at the University of Bristol
- Co-author of Nutrition For Dummies
- Saturday 21st September – 9am-1pm
- Ticket prices – £45 + £3.56 booking fee – Early bird rate of £39 + £3.17 booking fee until Saturday 11th August
- Location – The May Wellness Centre, 4 Redland Court Road, Bristol, BS6 7EE
Order via Eventbrite using the button below or email email@example.com for more information.
Contact The May Wellness Centre
If you’d like to speak to someone about treatment with one of our professionals, please get in touch:
Innervate Fitness Studio Now Open
Innvervate fitness studio at The May Wellness Centre now open. Small group yoga, pilates and personal training classes. Friendly and non-scary environment.