Yoga is not just a form of exercise, it is a holistic health system with benefits for body and mind too.
It has a diverse range of benefits that make it beneficial to pretty much anyone and can be accessed by people of all ages and fitness levels at a level appropriate to them.
Yoga Benefits for Body & Mind
Some of the well-known benefits include:
- Increased flexibility and suppleness
- Builds muscle strength and tone
- Engages the difficult ‘core’ area
- Helps improve posture
- Helps reduce stress
- Promotes self-awareness
- Aids relaxation
Yoga – Surprising Benefits!
However, there are an almost infinite list of surprising potential benefits too:
- Helps with metabolism and weight loss
- Benefits to respiration, cardio and circulatory health
- Reduces risk of injury
- Helps sporting performance
- Helps with osteoperosis
- Good for your back/spine
- Helps prevent arthritis and joint problems
- Boosts immunity
- Lower blood pressure
- Improves balance, reducing risk of injury
- Stress-related conditions such as acne, migraines, eczema can improve
- Engenders a more positive outlook – makes you feel happy
- Promotes calm
- Develop coping skills
- Sharpens concentration, focus and intuition
- Helps you sleep
- Better self-esteem and confidence
- Encourages self-care
- Improved wellbeing helps with relationships
- Boosts creativity
The potential benefits of taking an hour out for ‘me-time’ at a yoga class are enormous. Why not try it and find out how it makes you feel?
YOGA REDLAND, BRISTOL
Regular yoga classes are available at Innervate Health & Fitness, based at The May Wellness Centre in Redland, Bristol.
A range of classes is available to suit all abilities and the small group setting makes it friendly and accessible to all abilities.
The timetable lists a selection of daytime and evening classes Monday to Thursday with classes running throughout the day as early as 8.30am and as late as 8pm for those who prefer to work out in the evening.
Yoga is led by experienced instructor Bethan Handy.
- Level 3 Mat Pilates
- Level 2 and 3 Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer
- Spin and Boxercise Instructor
- Sports Nutrition & Advanced Nutrition
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Instructor
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
- Level 1 and 2 Reiki Practitioner
- Indian Head Massage
- Yoga Nidra (currently studying)
INNERVATE AT THE MAY WELLNESS CENTRE
Innervate is an exciting and unique studio in the heart of beautiful Redland at The May Wellness Centre.
The studio offers small group Personal Training, Yoga and Pilates sessions designed for all fitness levels with experienced and highly motivated health and fitness team Bethan and Jack.
The comfortable and intimate exercise space allows like-minded individuals to be part of a community so you feel supported every step of the way on your fitness journey.
There is no long term gym contract – you can start with a ‘class pass’ and take it from there.
Contact The May Wellness Centre
If you’d like to speak to someone about treatment with one of our professionals, please get in touch: