- Exclusive Q Lift 3 in 1 Treatment
- No Sweat this Christmas – Hyperhidrosis Treatment
- Questions to Ask Before Cosmetic Injections
- Medical Information For Your Consultation
- Refurbishment Starts at New Bristol Clinic
- Lips and Filler Review – ‘John is an Artist’
- Expanded Availability at Bristol Skin Clinic
- Autumn Skin Treatments
- Greenwich/Blackheath Clinic Announcement
- 5 Star Review for Dr John Quinn
Questions to Ask Before Cosmetic Injections
How to Find a Good Practitioner
Allergan, the manufacturers of the world’s most popular wrinkle relaxing treatment, have issued advice for patients on questions to ask the practitioner before having treatment.
These questions were formulated to help patients in USA assess the suitability of the person carrying out anti-ageing injections and they are equally a very useful and helpful set of criteria for patients in the UK.
In the UK, botulinum toxin is a prescription-only medication. However, while a qualified prescriber must prescribe the treatment, there are no current limitations on who can carry out the injections, an issue which many believe puts patients at unnecessary risk. After industry reports and media commentary, it does seem likely that the law will change in the future, but for now, patients need to choose a provider carefully.
8 Questions to Ask Your Specialist
Before BOTOX® Treatment
We’ve added on a little commentary on the answers you can expect at Quinn Clinics.
- Do they have medical expertise in facial anatomy? For instance, are they licensed and trained in a field of aesthetic medicine, such as dermatology, cosmetic surgery, or oculoplastic surgery, to name a few.
Dr John Quinn qualified from University College Dublin medical school in 1998 and worked has a GP in the NHS since 2004. He has numerous additional qualifications in aesthetic medicine, including Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Dermatology, a university diploma course at Queen Mary University in London; Dermoscopy course at the University of Cardiff; BTEC qualification in lasers and light based treatments at Mapperley Park in Nottingham
- How many years of experience do they have injecting BOTOX®?
He has been in practice in aesthetic medicine since 2005 and his career includes working for both Harley Medical Group and SKIN, two of the largest corporate providers of cosmetic procedures in the UK.
- How often do they treat patients with BOTOX®?
Dr John Quinn practices cosmetic treatments most days every week. He is highly experienced
- Do they schedule a follow-up visit after treatment?
Clients are contacted two weeks after treatment and follow up appointments are available free of charge where required.
- Will they show you before-and-after pictures of other patients they have treated?
There are a number of photos on the website BOTOX® and more available to see in consultation
- What are the most common side effects they have seen in their clinical experience?
Side effects are usually temporary and minor. Some patients have localised swelling for up to an hour, some have bruising which may last a few days but can be hidden with makeup. Up to 10% of patients experience a headache after first treatment, which can be treated with paracetamol.
- What should you do if you experience any side effects?
If patients have any concerns at all, they can contact the clinic for advice. Quinn Clinics is open 5-6 days a week. Emails are monitored regularly too.
- What do they need to know about your medical history? Be prepared to tell your specialist about any medical conditions, including any prescription medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements you are taking.
A comprehensive medical history is taken and this will include discussion of all of the above. You may also find last week’s article Medical Information For Your Consultation of interest.
For further discussion, please feel free to contact us for advice.
About Quinn Clinics
Advanced Skin Treatment Clinic, Bristol
Quinn Clinics based in Clifton, Bristol, was established in 2006 and offers a full range of cosmetic, medical and laser skin treatments. As well as anti-ageing injections, the clinic can offer the latest laser technology including IPL laser and CO2 fractional laser and the new M22 multiple skin technology platform (IPL, ResurFX™ – fractional non-ablative, ND:YAG).
Dr Quinn is a qualified aesthetic doctor with specific expertise in dermal fillers and BOTOX®, based at his own clinic, Quinn Clinics in Clifton, Bristol.
Call 0117 924 4592 or email email@example.com for further information.