- Exclusive Q Lift 3 in 1 Treatment
- No Sweat this Christmas – Hyperhidrosis Treatment
- Questions to Ask Before Cosmetic Injections
- Medical Information For Your Consultation
- Refurbishment Starts at New Bristol Clinic
- Lips and Filler Review – ‘John is an Artist’
- Expanded Availability at Bristol Skin Clinic
- Autumn Skin Treatments
- Greenwich/Blackheath Clinic Announcement
- 5 Star Review for Dr John Quinn
Medical Information For Your Consultation
Before Wrinkle-Relaxing Injections
Whether you are contemplating cosmetic injections for the first time or an old hand, it’s always worth bearing in mind that this is a medical procedure and that botulinum toxin is a prescription-only medication.
As such, there are a few important things which you’ll need to tell your doctor when you visit for a consultation or treatment.
Medical Information for BOTOX®
This information is provided by Allergan, manufacturers of BOTOX®, on their USA website https://www.botoxcosmetic.com, which contains lots of useful information and photos.
Allergan recommend the four things to tell your doctor prior to BOTOX® treatment are:
- All medications taken – including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your doctor if you have been treated with a botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months and whether you experienced any allergies or side effects.
- Medical conditions – including any muscle or nerve conditions such as Motor Neurone Disease. Tell your specialist if you have had any swallowing or breathing problems in the past.
- Surgery on your face – whether this is planned or has already taken place. Also tell your BOTOX® doctor if you have weakness in your forehead muscles, have trouble raising your eyebrows, or have drooping eyelids.
- Pregnancy/breastfeeding – you must tell the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, breastfeeding or planning to nurse
A good medical practitioner will always carry out a detailed medical history prior to treatment. If there’s something else you feel you should mention or want to tell the doctor, go ahead.
At Quinn Clinics, all BOTOX® treatments are carried out by fully qualified and aesthetically trained doctors:
About Quinn Clinics
Advanced Skin Treatment Clinic, Bristol
Quinn Clinics based in Clifton, Bristol, was established in 2006 and offers a full range of cosmetic, medical and laser skin treatments. As well as anti-ageing injections, the clinic can offer the latest laser technology including IPL laser and CO2 fractional laser and the new M22 multiple skin technology platform (IPL, ResurFX™ – fractional non-ablative, ND:YAG).
Dr Quinn is a qualified aesthetic doctor with specific expertise in dermal fillers and BOTOX®, based at his own clinic, Quinn Clinics in Clifton, Bristol.
Call 0117 924 4592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.