- Exclusive Vitamin C Serum
- Pre-Christmas Special Offers
- Keeping Lip Filler Beautiful Not Overdone
- Exclusive Q Lift 3 in 1 Treatment
- No Sweat this Christmas – Hyperhidrosis Treatment
- Questions to Ask Before Cosmetic Injections
- Medical Information For Your Consultation
- Refurbishment Starts at New Bristol Clinic
- Lips and Filler Review – ‘John is an Artist’
- Expanded Availability at Bristol Skin Clinic
Top 5 Cosmetic Procedures – USA Statistics
Data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons shows the top 5 cosmetic procedures carried out by its members in 2013, revealing which procedures are carried out most frequently and which are growing the fastest.
Like with similar statistics in the UK, this data does not comprehensively include every single procedure carried out. However, with over 7,000 members, the data represents over 94% of board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. Therefore the data can be taken to be statistically significant and meaningful.
Top 5 Cosmetic Procedures
- Botox (botulinum toxin type A) – 6.3 million patients treated
- Fillers – 2.2 million patients treated
- Chemical peel – 1.2 million patients treated
- Laser hair removal – 1.1 million patients treated
- Microdermabrasion – 970,000 patients treated
Fastest-Growing Cosmetic Procedures
- Fillers – up 13% vs 2012, of which hyaluronic acid fillers were up 18%
- Botox – up 3% vs 2012
- Chemical peel – up 2% vs 2012
- Laser skin resurfacing – up 0% vs 2012
- Microdermabrasion – up 0% vs 2012
Non-Surgical Treatments vs Cosmetic Surgery
The report showed that non-surgical, or ‘cosmetic minimally invasive procedures’ were outgrowing surgical options.
- Cosmetic surgical procedures (e.g. breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, face lift) grew +1%
- Non-surgical treatments grew +3%
UK Cosmetic Treatments
While the UK arguably lacks data on the numbers of cosmetic treatments carried out on an annual basis, reports that have been issued would indicate a similar trend – with botox retaining top slot, while fillers are in 2nd place but growing faster.
The comparative positions and growth of laser hair removal and microdermabrasion must be considered understated, as these are commonly carried out by nurses and beauticians, who would not be included in a survey of plastic surgeons.
Botox & Fillers Bristol, Greenwich
Quinn Clinics was established in 2006 and offers a full range of cosmetic, medical and laser skin treatments including all of the top 5 outlined above.
As well as injections, the clinic can offer the latest laser technology including IPL laser and CO2 fractional laser and radio-frequency treatment.
Dr Quinn is a qualified aesthetic doctor with specific expertise in dermal fillers and botox® and two clinics based in Clifton (Bristol) and Blackheath/Greenwich (London)
Please call 0117 924 4592 or email email@example.com for further information or to book an appointment.