2nd January 2014
Wrinkles are universally seen as a sign of ageing and not a good one!
A wrinkle is caused by a fold or crease in the skin, caused by age-related factors including:
- loosening of facial muscles
- loss of elasticity in the skin
- less volume and plumpness in the skin
As well as the natural ageing process, wrinkles can appear at an earlier age influenced by environmental factors. Key culprits are smoking and sun exposure, both of which can dry the skin and cause earlier ageing. In addition, wrinkles can also be a result of stress, an unhealthy diet or poor hydration.
Wrinkle Treatment Greenwich and Blackheath
Quinn Clinics in Greenwich and Blackheath offer a variety of treatments for lines and wrinkles. Top candidates are:
- Botox injections – used to reduce facial expression lines and wrinkles such as frown lines, forehead lines and squint lines at the corners of your eyes.
- Dermal fillers – plump up your skin and make it appear fuller and smoother. Often used to reduce ageing lines between the nose – mouth or to enhance your lip shape
- Chemical peels or microdermabrasion – smooth the texture of the skin on your face by removing the top layer of dead, damaged skin cells. Can help reduce lines and fine wrinkles
- Laser rejuvenation – very helpful in treating wrinkles resulting from sun damage. Can even improve mild scarring and pigmentation problems
- Skin creams and serums – professional grade cosmeceutical products, including Obagi NuDerm
A private skin consultation with an experienced doctor is the best place to start.
Dr John Quinn’s consultations include a comprehensive review of medical history as well as analysis of your skin. Advice is given on day to day skincare as well as what treatments or procedures may help to tackle the issues you are experiencing.
In the right professional hands, wrinkle treatments nowadays are highly effective while remaining natural-looking.
Quinn Clinics based in London and Bristol is led by practising GP Dr John Quinn.
Quinn Clinics offer a full range of cosmetic, medical and laser skin treatments. They also have the latest skin technology such as IPL, laser, CO2 and radio frequency to offer a broad choice to their patients.
Please call 0117 924 4592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to book an appointment.
Quinn Clinics, by Dr John Quinn