- Latest Laser IPL Treatment for Rosacea
- Latest Décolletage Treatments to Rejuvenate Chest
- ★★★★★ Review for Quinn Clinics Bristol
- 70% Americans Considering Cosmetic Procedure
- M22 ResurFX™ Skin Resurfacing Photos
- More Patient Feedback for Quinn Clinics
- Brotox in the City – BOTOX for Men
- What Our Patients Say
- Above Average Patient Satisfaction Ratings
- Quinn Clinics High Customer Satisfaction
Botox Parties in the News
Cosmetic injections are in the news again this week, after nurses that had been ‘struck off’ were found to be offering non-surgical treatments including dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
The story, exposed by the BBC in an undercover investigation, underlines the lack of control in the cosmetic treatments industry and highlights the need for better regulation and consumer protection.
The BBC investigation shows a former nurse offering to inject Botox at a patient’s home. He told the patient he’d been a nurse for 26 years, yet he’d been struck off in 2012 and had at no point had the necessary qualifications to prescribe the prescription drug botulinum toxin (Botox).
Rajiv Grover, former president of BAAPS (British Association for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons), said Botox must be prescribed by a qualified medical professional:
“If they are struck off, they are breaking the law if the prescribe it. If they are not a suitably qualified medical professional, it’s a criminal office.”
However, the injections themselves can actually be administered by anyone at all. This lack of consumer protection is a point which has been raised in various studies, but the law has not yet changed.
Clients looking for Botox injections are advised to choose carefully and be aware that the industry lacks controls and regulations which they might have assumed to be in place.
Sensible advice on choosing a Botox practitioner:
- Bear in mind that Botox must be prescribed by a qualified professional (e.g. doctor, dentist, prescribing nurse) and under GMC regulations, prescribing doctors must meet the patient face to face first
- Botox can be carried out by anybody without qualifications or training. Therefore it is sensible to look carefully and understand who will be carrying out any work. Look for qualifications and experience
- There are Aesthetic Doctors in the UK such as Dr John Quinn, who are medically qualified with additional training and qualifications as well as many years experience. Check your practitioner’s background and if in doubt, go elsewhere
As well as anti-ageing injections performed by the clinic’s owner and founder, Dr John Quinn, the clinic can offer the latest laser technology including IPL, laser and CO2 fractional laser and radio-frequency treatment.
Call 0117 924 4592 (Clifton, Bristol) or 0208 858 0575 (Blackheath, Greenwich, London) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.